Call to take part in worldwide action on #nov5Posted: October 19, 2011 Filed under: Call to action, English language | Tags: #15m, #15o, #15oct, #5nov, #globalchange, #nov5, #ows, democracia real ya, occupy together, occupy wall street, real democracy now Leave a comment
Don’t underestimate the power of words.
Don’t underestimate the power of symbols.
Don’t underestimate the power of the people.
Real democracy now.
Print out a text on the 5th of November.
Let’s print out a text for real democracy, and on Saturday, November 5, 2011, show it visibly wherever we are.
More info: https://5november2011.wordpress.com/
To show to the powerful and to the world,
that we are still here,
that we still think, talk and act about real democracy, fairness, and human rights,
that we believe the world can and must be improved,
that texts are not just lame words but have meaning, which we will pursue.
By printing out a text for real democracy, and carrying it visibly with you and showing it, wherever you are and wherever you can,
on one single day: on the 5th of November,
thus getting people that see us to wonder what that piece of paper is and means,
and inciting discussion and thinking about that meaning and its power.
“So if you’ve seen nothing, if you see no reason to go out on the streets, then I would suggest that you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me on the fifth of November 2011, everywhere, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.” (Adapted from V for Vendetta).
- Each person that takes part will make somebody think.
- Needs only some sort of paper, a printer or a pen. And a bit of courage to act.
- Be creative how you show the text to the world on the 5th of November: carry it visibly with you wherever you go / show it in public places / stick it on places visible / post it somewhere, etc.
- Do it individually. Or do it in groups.
- It’s peaceful, non-violent.
- It’s guaranteed by the human right to freedom of expression.
Feel free to share and spread this call to action widely, so words will indeed retain their power.
(Translations of this call to action in other languages here)